The most popular colored gemstones for engagement rings.
Although the Diamond remains the icon of the engagement ring for its beauty and meaning, more and more people prefer to go beyond the conventional and deliver a ring with a different gemstone.
This gesture not only reflects the personality of the person who gives it and the person who receives it, but also the commitment to making the relationship unique and special.
In this article we present the best-known colored gemstones throughout history and that can make your ring unique:
Romantic Meaning : The sapphire represents the fidelity and devotion of a couple. He is also the stone of wisdom and truth. P>
In History : Since time immemorial, the sapphire has been associated with royalty. Of the most memorable engagement rings are those of Princess Diana and Kate Middleton.
Kate Middleton engagement ring
In addition, for the ancient Persians and for the first Catholics, blue sapphires were a divine gem, they believed that the blue of the sky was literally engraved in their reflection.
Other interesting facts :
- It is the second hardest and most resistant gem, after diamond.
- It is the birthstone of September.
- Although its blue color is the best known, it comes in a wide variety of colors, making it an excellent choice for any style.
Personalized Ring with Pharaonic Ikcha style colored sapphires.
Romantic Meaning : The emerald is a symbol of hope and will to preserve love. In addition, it represents abundance, fertility and balance.
Ring Alexandria from the Ikcha engagement ring collection
In history : Royal families worshiped this gem, appearing in the state treasures of almost all cultures of yesteryear. Cleopatra is known to prefer this gem; because for the Egyptian people emeralds were a symbol and a source of national pride.
Other interesting facts:
- Emeralds are rarer and more expensive than diamonds; Their scarcity stems from the fact that the only natural phenomenon capable of creating them was the same one that formed the Himalayas and the Alps.
- It's the birthstone of May.
- Natural emeralds often have inclusions inside that make them unique and unrepeatable.
Romantic Meaning : The ruby represents victory in all aspects of life, especially in love and personal development. It is the gem of unlimited passion, intense love and strength in its purest form.
In history : In ancient Sanskrit, the ruby is known as "ratnaraj", which is translated as "the king of stones". Medieval Europeans believed that rubies ensured good health, prosperity, wisdom, and a successful love life.
Ring Motif from the Ikcha engagement ring collection
Other interesting facts:
- Due to its chemical composition, the ruby is actually a red sapphire.
- It is the birthstone of Julio.
Which of these gemstones is your favorite?
We love working with different designs and experimenting with possibilities, so if you have a stone of your choice that you would like to include in one of our designs, do not hesitate to request a quote. We look for stones from all over the world to bring you the perfect stone that represents everything you feel for your partner!