Care and Maintenance
In order to keep your jewelry in good condition for a long time, we suggest:
- Avoid contact with substances that could accelerate the process of oxidation on the metal, such as: perfume, chlorine, cosmetics, etc
- Keep the pieces in a clean, dry environment and in its individual packing to avoid the scratches.
- Do Not use brushes or rags to scrub your jewelry, as some of them can scratch.
- Use only warm water and hand soap to clean them.
- Once clean, dry with hair dryer to avoid water spots.
It is normal that the color of original pieces with patina or gold vermeil wears off over time in the areas that come in contact with the skin.
Noble metals, like gold and silver, may present small scratches or cracks with time, which only adds historical value to your piece.
Some of our silver pieces are vintage finish, which meand they were oxidated to accentuate the details that would not be noticeable in shinny silver. This is achieved by exposing the silver to certain acids, which accelerates the natural process of oxidation of the metal.
If the silver has accented the details with oxidation (patina), it is normal that it will fall in places exposed to friction with our skin.
If you want to renew the color of the patina on the Silver Vintage pieces, and to accentuate the details again, please contact us to give you some homemade solutions.